Congrats! You’ve decided to sell your home. As you’re heading into work one morning, you drive past a house with a big red sign in the yard “For Sale By Owner.” You think to yourself, what a great idea that is! After all, why should I pay someone else to do something I can do, right? Not so fast! If you are really interested in getting your home sold quickly, and for maximum profit, you should strongly consider going with an agent.
Did you know that many times buyers will actively avoid FSBO properties? Why is this? Typically it is because they enjoy the professionalism that comes with purchasing a home from a real-estate agent. Buyers know that when they are dealing with a professional that they won’t have to worry about awkward conversations with the owners, processing the mountain of legal paperwork, and of course, negotiations on what is likely the biggest purchase they've ever made.
When you make the decision to sell your home yourself there are many little details that you will have to pay attention to that you might not have considered. One of these major details is safety. In order to get your home sold, you’ll have to show it. Sometimes A LOT. Real-estate agents are trained in all aspects of showing a home. They know how to engage potential clients, so that they can keep an eye on them (and your possessions!) without seeming like they are suspicious or wary of the buyers... which can be hard for a homeowner to do since it is their “territory”. Agents also keep track of everyone entering the home via a lockbox. In addition to potential buyers, anyone entering the home after the offer has been negotiated must be verified - including appraisers, home inspectors, termite inspectors, etc.
Negotiating the sale of a home can be like a dance, and real-estate agents know all the right moves. Chances are pretty good that the person you will be selling your home to will have their own real-estate agent. This person will be experienced when it comes to negotiating the sale and purchase of homes. Their primary goal will be to get their client your home for the best price, on the most favorable terms to their client. While you might consider yourself a great negotiator (and perhaps you are!) wouldn’t you rather have someone who is experienced in this specific type of negotiations going to bat for you and making sure you get the most out of your home?
Do you work full-time, part-time, or take care of your children? If so, then you already know how limited your time is. Trying to sell your own home will immediately zap away any “spare” time you might have, and will undoubtedly start to take away time from your other obligations. Between researching prices for your home, advertising, setting up appointments, dealing with inspectors, appraisers, buyers and agents you’ll start to understand very quickly why being a real-estate agent is a full-time job!
Finally, let's focus on the main reason people try to sell their home by themselves. Money. I get it - sellers want to keep as much as possible of their hard-earned equity in their pocket! But did you know that according to the National Association of Realtor’s Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, the average price agent listed homes sold for was $245,000, with FSBO homes selling for only around $185,000? That is a HUGE difference!
Agents are worth every penny...in fact, odds are we are going to make you THOUSANDS more than you can make on your own - beyond what you've invested in us. Just look at the numbers. It's basic supply and demand. Agents have access to thousands of buyers that may never see your home without us. When there's more buyers looking, there's more demand for your home...so it can command a higher price. Simple as that!
Contact Jacquelyn if you'd like a market analysis to see what YOUR home might be worth, using the marketing avenues available via a real estate professional!
New Listing!!! ~ Elusive Acreage Complete w/Finished Shop, Outbuildings & Additional Living Quarters
~ NOW OFFERED AT $660,000! ~
~ NOW OFFERED AT $660,000! ~
Welcome Home to 32364 585th Avenue, Cambridge IA 50046
Looking for that elusive acreage in the perfect country setting, with a quick commute to either Ames or the Des Moines metro? Come see this meticulously maintained 4 bed (basement bedroom could be split to make 5!), 3.5 bath 2009 ranch home just outside of Cambridge! You'll be impressed by the quality construction and finishes, not only in the home but throughout the 3.71 acres. Beautiful landscaping, a fire pit, pergola, covered deck & a lovely veranda off of the shop & MIL suite make it easy to enjoy quiet summer evenings while overlooking acres of rolling countryside.
FYI, this is not a drive by - you must get inside & see the views off of the back decks to truly appreciate the "retreat feel" of this property!
You'll have plenty of storage (with rental income potential!), between the 36'x80' Quonset building, the 2 car detached garage (in addition to the oversized 3 car attached), and the top notch shop (complete with TV, toilet & sink!).
But wait for it!!! What really sets this property apart is the finished living quarters located on the other side of the shop in the 36'x50' building. This unique set up is perfect for a multi-generational family, rec room or a home business. The MIL suite boasts walls & cabinets made from wood from the Minnesota boundary waters, a full kitchen, 3/4 bath, laundry & 1 bedroom.
Check out the view from the air!
FYI - Rural water available at road, but property is currently on well water. Well is roughly 120’ drilled & home comes with deluxe iron filter & Kinetico on demand water softener system. Feel free to taste test the water! 1000 gallon propane tank is owned & for the house, 500 tank is owned and for the shop. Fuel reserved. Huxley Communications fiber internet to house. Outbuilding has cable/internet. Please ask the listing agent for the list of additional features & upgrades.
4 Bedroom | 3.5 Bathroom | 1719 sq. ft. on Main, Additional 1125 sq. ft. finished in the basement - Also over 900 sq. ft. are finished in the outbuilding as additional living quarters!!!
Listing No. 584114
Year Built: 2009
Garage Size: 3 attached, 2 detached + multiple outbuildings!
Lot Size: 3.71 acres
School District: Ballard Community Schools
Taxes: Gross Taxes roughly $6500
Directions: From I-35N, Take the exit for Hwy 210. Go east on 210. Turn left (north) onto 585th Avenue. In roughly 1 mile the home will be on your right.
Additional Upgrades & Features...
2009 RANCH HOME EXTERIOR FEATURES:
- On paved road
- Original farmhouse was torn down, but large established trees remain. Extensive landscaping added!
- New roof 2018
- Upgraded textured/two-tone vinyl siding
- Fiberglass exterior doors
- Adorable front porch features wood railings made from cross timbers from power line poles!
- 3 exterior well hydrants
- Well drilled roughly 120’, (home comes with on demand Kinetico water softening system & upgraded iron filter – water tastes great!)
- Rural water available at the road
- Fire pit out back
- Huge lighted Pergola, made from cross timbers from power line poles!
- Large deck, half open and half covered with wood paneled ceiling & fan. Includes speaker system
2009 RANCH HOME INTERIOR FEATURES:
- Open floor plan with first floor laundry & half bath off garage entry
- Split plan: Master bedroom/double vanity bath with tiled shower/walk-in closet is separate from 2 upstairs bedrooms, which include a privacy hallway with pocket door for noise reduction.
- Kitchen features maple cabinetry with soft close & full extension doors, Quartz countertops, glass mosaic backsplash & stainless-steel appliances that stay. HUGE PANTRY!!!!!!
- Beautiful teak hand-scrapped ¾ inch solid wood floors
- 10’ ceilings upstairs
- Gas fireplace, with blower
- Pella windows with internal blinds throughout home
- Pella patio doors with internal blinds in both back bedrooms & dining room (leading to deck and overlooking fields)
- Solid wood interior doors
- Handrails to basement are custom made from Huxley lumberyard timbers!
- Bedroom currently used as an office will include built in office cabinetry & furniture
- Upgraded carpet in all bedrooms & finished basement
- All bathrooms have maple cabinetry, quartz countertops & tiled floors
- Rounded corners on drywall
- Ceiling fans in all rooms
- All lights on dimmers
- Keyless entry
- Whole home speaker system extends to deck
- 9’ ceilings in basement
- Daylight windows
- Family room & rec area
- Fireplace with blower features a mantle custom made from Huxley lumberyard timbers!
- Storm shelter under front stoop would also be perfect for a wine cellar or gun safe. Freezer stays.
- Shelving stays in storage room
- Under stairway is finished – great play area or storage
- HUGE bedroom with TWO egress windows & walk in closet – Could easily be split into two separate bedrooms if desired, making this a 5 bedroom house!
- Double vanity sinks in the bathroom
- Mechanicals include a brand-new water heater, 2 covered sump pumps, ejector pump for septic, two pressure tanks & on demand Kinetico water softener & iron filter for well, central air, & 2 stage furnace (maintained regularly)
ATTACHED OVERSIZED 3 CAR GARAGE:
- Central vac for cleaning cars
- Floor drain
- Insulated oversized garage doors
- R-19 fiberglass blown in attic
- Ready for gas heat
- Fully trimmed out!
36’ x 50’ FINISHED OUTBUILDING
- Icynene spray foam insulation in walls
- Styrofoam under floor
- 2 insulated overhead garage doors
- Pella windows
- Window A/C
- Water Heater (for both shop & MIL living quarters)
- Large living area has a cabin feel. The walls are finished with beautiful wood gathered from the Minnesota boundary waters!!!
- Kitchen cabinets are made from this same wood.
- Windows are all Pella brand, with shades between the glass
- Speakers in the ceiling
- Stunning views from the LR overlooking rolling country fields!
- Full kitchen (no dishwasher) KITCHEN APPLIANCES STAY!
- Icynene spray foam insulation in walls & attic
- Styrofoam under floor
- Carpet in living area
- Tile in bathroom/laundry & bedroom
- Bedroom has private entry door & is currently set up with a sink for hairdressing
- Bathroom has a shower, toilet and sink along with the laundry – (Washer & Dryer are negotiable)
36’ x 80’ QUONSET BUILDING
- Poured concrete floor
- Overhead doors on BOTH ends!
- LED lights
- Water available via hydrant out front of building
- Extensive rock laid behind building for additional outdoor storage, 110V hook up
- Rental storage income potential!!!! (Owner would consider renting back the building (or part of it) for 6-12 months.)
- Moved from original location
- Matching siding
- New roof
CHILDREN’S PLAYHOUSE / CHICKEN COOP
Adorable & stays with the home!!
Jacquelyn Duke, Realtor®
Coldwell Banker Mid-America Group, REALTORS
2425 N Ankeny Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50023-4711
Licensed to Sell Real Estate in Iowa
More photos below!
It's time to get to know my new neighbors! I was shocked to see there was no existing neighborhood group....so I created one! :) Please join if you live in Ashland Meadows, and please share on Facebook with anyone you know that might be my neighbor!
With the correct person by your side, the buying and selling process doesn't have to be full of stress, doubt and anxiety - it can actually be FUN! Contact Jacquelyn Duke today to learn more.
Jacquelyn Duke, Realtor®
Licensed to Sell in the State of Iowa
Coldwell Banker, Mid-America Group, REALTORS®
2425 N Ankeny Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Disclaimer: The material on this site is solely for informational purposes. No warranties or representations have been made.